More Than 30 Years of Proven Writing, Editing, Web Development, Marketing, and Project Management Experience and Expertise
In-person or “virtually” by phone, video conference, or email, Matt McGovern provides the structure, support, and technical and creative know how you need to be proactive and purposeful about your business. Matt provides a reliable, knowledgeable, and trustworthy focal point you can turn to for answers and assistance on a regular basis, or whenever technical or creative challenges arise.
Writing, Ghost Writing & Editing
Make your words work for you with Matt McGovern as your writer and editor—from crisp, compelling proposals and emails to articles, blogs, books, e-books, workbooks, flyers, newsletters, brochures, Web copy, and more.
Matt can write, edit, and ghost-write virtually any print and/or electronic communications need you might have, including . . .
- Self-published books, workbooks, and eBooks
- PowerPoint presentations
- Manuscript pre-editing (a thorough edit of your manuscript before you send it off to the publisher)
- Technical articles
- Promotional articles
- Feature articles
- Book proposal packages (to include must-read pitch letters, summaries and sample chapters)
- Business proposals
- Press releases
- Data sheets/spec sheets
- Direct mail and promotional copy
- Brochures and promotional flyers
- Online and print newsletters
Matt’s writing background is extensive. He is a . . .
- Published author of short stories, a novel, and a soon-to-be second book.
- Ghost-writer and editor for more than a dozen self-published authors
- Ghost-writer and editor for numerous corporate blogs
- Copywriter and editor for dozens of Websites
- Former newspaper reporter, sports editor, and managing editor
- Former Marketing and Communications Manager responsible for external and internal corporate communications
Web Site Design & Development
Discover where to start, what you need, and consider options that are right for you. Comprehensive Web consulting, design, development, copy writing, implementation, and maintenance services to get (and keep) your business on the Web.
Matt tailors custom Website design packages especially for small business owners and solo-professionals. From start to finish, Matt handles the entire design, development, implementation, and maintenance process—from assessing your specific needs (to include branding and communications work as needed), to registering your domain name, selecting a Web host, creating original graphics, writing Web copy, and publishing your site.
- Comprehensive Web development (planning, Web design, copywriting, customization, implementation, and maintenance) using WordPress Content Management Platform
- Integration with social media
- Integration with e-commerce
- Web copywriting
- e-newsletter writing, editing, production
- Web site maintenance, updates, enhancements
- Online marketing planning and implementation
- Short- or long-term Web site consulting (working work with you and/or your team on creative, technical, or other aspects)
- Web planning, including assessments of how/if the Web can support your business
- Web site branding and key messages development
- Reviews of your existing Web site, to include proof reading, specific page content critique, tips on making pages search engine friendly, and other general recommendations
- Analyses of competitor Web sites
Book/e-Book Writing & Design
Build instant credibility and a passive income stream by turning your ideas into a professionally written, designed, edited, and produced self-published book, workbook, or e-book.
Advances in online technology and digital printing have made professionally produced books, workbooks, and/or e-books financially viable for most small business owners and solo-professionals. Now you, too, can turn your ideas into reality.
Afraid that you’ve got nothing to write about, nothing to say? Don’t let that hold you back:
- Matt can help you “pan for gold” by transforming existing program materials, newsletters, or other sources of information and inspiration into a book or e-Book.
- Or simply work with Matt to determine if your business and what you have to offer lends itself to a book, e-Book, e-workbook, or “how-to” manual.
Matt assists with all areas of the self-published book, workbook, and e-Book writing, design, and production process:
- Planning and idea generation
- Formatting and layout
- ISBN procurement and coordination with print-on-demand publishers
- Print project management, to include creation of Adobe PDF documents for digital printing or downloadable digital files
- Online sales, distribution, and marketing strategies
Marketing/Social Media/Blogging Support
Plan your marketing, social media, and blogging strategy. Create your brand message and look (including graphic design), establish and maintain your social media presence, and create must-have content that your target audience craves and shares with others.
With more than 30 years of experience in a range of traditional and digital marketing and communications fields, Matt is the perfect fit for busy small business professionals and entrepreneurs in search of a savvy marketing, Web, and communications expert all in one convenient package.
- Marketing, Social Media, and Blogging consulting, planning and strategy
- Marketing, Social Media, and Blogging implementation and maintenance
- Website and e-commerce consulting, planning and strategy
- Website and e-commerce development, implementation, and maintenance
- e-Newsletter writing, editing, production, and support
- Brand/marketing message development
- Search engine strategy and planning
- Web site reviews and critiques
- Marketing material reviews and critiques
- Article writing and press releases
- Company identity packages (including logo design, business cards, letterhead, etc.)
- E-marketing surveys and research, including competitor marketing materials and Web site analyses
- HTML email signature templates
- And much, much more!
Presentations & Speaker Materials
Connect with your audience with professionally-designed PowerPoint presentations, promotional flyers, printed handouts, and workbooks for your workshops and seminars.
- Are you a busy speaker, solo-professional, or small business owner whose presentations lack pizzazz?
- Are you having trouble getting your mind around an upcoming presentation for a peer group, prospects, or company meeting?
- Do you need well-designed yet affordable worksheets and follow-along notes for your seminars and workshops, but don’t know where to turn?
Matt’s speaker/seminar support services include . . .
- Presentation/workshop planning, research, and brainstorming (what to say, how to say it, and how to depict it on screen)
- Writing presentation materials from your outline/copy points
- Presentation pre-publicity communications for placement in venue promotional materials or for your very own articles, email blasts, newsletters, and press releases
- Crisp PowerPoint layout, with tasteful graphics, text effects and animations
- Presentation flyers and promotional materials
- Presentation notes handout pages (either direct from your PowerPoint slides or as entirely original creations)
- Presentation worksheets and workbooks
Put Matt McGovern’s more than 30 years of project management and consulting expertise to work for you—from Web, print, branding, and writing projects; to marketing, e-marketing, and business development consultation.
Having managed projects with budgets ranging from a few hundred dollars to millions, Matt brings both the savvy and the experience necessary to recognize and explore a range of opportunities for you and your business. He’s worked with individuals from all corporate levels (from frontline staff and managers to CEOs and Board Chairs) and within the full spectrum of the political process, from grassroots to congressional delegations.
Do you need someone to coordinate your Web, print, design, marketing, or communications projects—or to work as your creative team (or with your existing creative team) while you focus on business?
Do you have a technical, marketing, or creative challenge that’s holding you back?
Or do you simply need a sounding board, confidante, resource . . . another set of eyes and ears?
Matt can take the lead so you can get back to business:
- Web development projects
- Writing, editing and book design projects
- Brainstorming sessions for you and/or your team
- Marketing material reviews
- Marketing, social media, and communications planning
- Competitor analyses
- E-marketing surveys and research
- Design and company identity packages
- And much, much more!
See a few representative examples of Matt’s work.